Expert Criminal Defense Attorneys in Greenbelt, Maryland
We are a criminal defense law firm.
While many law firms boast of “providing a wide variety of legal services,” our criminal defense attorneys have focused our combined seventy years of trial and appellate experience on defending people charged with crimes ranging from capital murder to minor traffic violations.
We are good at what we do.
Our criminal defense attorneys have received numerous accolades, which include being AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for high ethical standards and professional ability, and being named among the top 75 attorneys out of 90,000 practicing in the Washington, D.C. area by Washingtonian magazine.
We go everywhere in Maryland.
From Western Maryland to the Eastern Shore, our criminal defense attorneys have defended clients in every jurisdiction with a unique blend of focus, experience, and discretion, and have earned the esteem of our clients and colleagues alike throughout the state.
We know the federal courts.
Our criminal defense attorneys are among a select few who are at home in both the state and federal criminal justice systems – the latter of which requires a familiarity with complex federal statutory and sentencing schemes – and we have robust practices in the United States District Court for the District of Maryland at Greenbelt and Baltimore.
We try cases.
While it is often in our clients’ best interests that we resolve their cases safely and expediently, it is our willingness and ability to take cases to trial that permits us to do so. Each of us has a deep devotion to the art of trial practice, and we have spent our entire careers pursuing its perfection.
We are discrete.
No strangers to high-profile cases, our criminal defense attorneys understand the importance of discretion and confidentiality, as many of our clients are public figures sensitive to the intrusions of both the news media as well as the ever-evolving social media.
We represent professionals and students.
We are also experienced in defending our professional clients – including doctors, nurses, law enforcement personnel, and other attorneys – before various licensing and disciplinary boards, and we have years of experience representing students before the conduct committees of Maryland’s colleges and universities.
We handle appeals.
As unique as our ability to practice in both the state and federal trial systems is our ability to handle matters in both the state and federal courts of appeal. Our criminal defense attorneys have won reversals for our clients in the Maryland Court of Special Appeals, the Maryland Court of Appeals, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
We are your solution.
Whether you are the potential subject of a criminal investigation, have been charged with criminal misconduct, or have been convicted of a crime, we are the criminal defense law firm for you.
Our Greenbelt criminal defense attorneys fight to protect your rights.
The skilled criminal defense attorneys at Brennan McKenna Mitchell & Shay, Chartered have extensive experience defending a wide array of criminal charges. We have delivered positive results for clients charged with every type of crime, including:
- Drug crimes — In simple possession cases, the loss of reputation is often worse than the sentence, but some drug crime convictions can mean decades behind bars. Whether you are alleged to have had possession of a small amount of a controlled substance, or enough weight to be charged with trafficking, we have the experience and resources to challenge the case against you.
- Sex crimes — We have experience defending clients from charges of solicitation, human trafficking, sexual assault, rape, and possession of internet child pornography. When sex crime charges are made public, your reputation can be irreparably damaged even if you are absolved of the crime. Our attorneys take every precaution to contain the story as we work diligently to resolve the charges.
- Traffic offenses — A DUI conviction can harm your reputation and burden you with criminal and civil penalties, including the loss of your drivers’ license. Moving violations can also be costly, with fines, penalty points and higher insurance premiums. Motorists should always fight these charges, but only with an experienced attorney at their side.
- Violent crime — Our attorneys have vast experience in a variety of assault, battery, domestic violence, extortion, robbery, and homicide cases.
- White collar crime — Our firm helps clients charged with nonviolent economic crime, criminal conspiracies, RICO violations, money laundering, computer crimes, embezzlement, public corruption, and tax evasion.
When you retain Brennan McKenna Mitchell & Shay, Chartered, an accomplished criminal defense attorney provides knowledgeable, supportive, and confidential legal assistance throughout the course of the legal proceedings.
Contact a reputable criminal defense firm in Greenbelt, Maryland.
The attorneys and staff of Brennan McKenna Mitchell & Shay, Chartered are conveniently located in Greenbelt, Maryland, two minutes off I-495 S/I-95 S at Exit 23, and just a stone’s throw from the United States District Court and the United States Attorney’s Office. Call Brennan McKenna Mitchell & Shay, Chartered at 240-241-7027 or contact us online to schedule a free, confidential consultation.